My header is a marble doggie from a sepulchre in the Cathedral of Burgos, in Spain.
He lies on the robe of his marble mistress in the chapel of the Condestables (a title with no translation that I know of). She was also the Duchess of Frías. I took the picture myself (against the rules). No one seemed to notice the little lapdog, and I wanted to show him to everyone. The sculptor’s name was Felipe Vigarny.
The Condestables and the doggie have been lying there since 1534.
- Why Michelangelo Disliked Leonardo da Vinci
- Michelangelo Timeline
- Michelangelo the Humanist
- How to Carve a Figure in Marble
- Giotto's Perfect Circle
- Who's Who in the Last Judgment?
- Michelangelo Smashed His Pietà to Pieces
- Michelangelo's Agony in the Sistine
- Michelangelo's Mysterious Carving Method
- Michelangelo's Portrait of a Devil
ebooks en español
How I learned to carve marble statues
- 2,631,817 hits
Angry...Why? - Compa… on Picasso’s Guernica Metaphone on Why Michelangelo Disliked Leon… Metaphone on Why Michelangelo Disliked Leon… Anonymous on Why Michelangelo Disliked Leon… „Hyperseeing“… on David and the Bad Block Was Michelangelo Cro… on Was Michelangelo Crooked? (Par… Deya Fuentes on Michelangelo and Raphael Anonymous on Why Michelangelo Disliked Leon… Anonymous on Why Michelangelo Disliked Leon… Anonymous on Michelangelo’s Very Last… How to Write Like a… on Why Michelangelo Disliked Leon… Christine on Why Michelangelo Disliked Leon…