My header is a marble doggie from a sepulchre in the Cathedral of Burgos, in Spain.
He lies on the robe of his marble mistress in the chapel of the Condestables (a title with no translation that I know of). She was also the Duchess of Frías. I took the picture myself (against the rules). No one seemed to notice the little lapdog, and I wanted to show him to everyone. The sculptor’s name was Felipe Vigarny.
The Condestables and the doggie have been lying there since 1534.
- Michelangelo Timeline
- Why Michelangelo Disliked Leonardo da Vinci
- Who's Who in the Last Judgment?
- How to Carve a Figure in Marble
- The Sistine Chapel Cleaning Job
- Michelangelo vs. Bernini
- Michelangelo's Mysterious Carving Method
- Giotto's Perfect Circle
- Michelangelo's Agony in the Sistine
- Michelangelo Smashed His Pietà to Pieces
ebooks en español
How I learned to carve marble statues
- 2,743,837 hits